Reply #30 - 11/19/15 at 13:03:54  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

London trip 2015

5th to 9th November

This fall I visited London with my ballet-friends. The event at the Royal Opera House was streaming the same day and the musical CATS is already on tape, so therefore it is natural to write about the tour in this culture/film-thread.

Viscera, Afternoon of a Faun, Tchaikovsky pas de deux and Carmen
Friday 6 November

Magic ballet-evening which was Carlos Acosta’s last performances. Viscera choreographed by Liam Scarlett, Afternoon of a Faun by Jerome Robbins, Tchaikovsky pas de deux by George Balanchine and Carmen by Carlos Acosta were all great performances. Except a little bit too long short-version of Carmen, it was a wonderful evening, with superstars like Marianela Nuñez, Steven McRae, Sarah Lamb and Carlos Acosta.

CATS
Saturday 7 November

CATS need no further introduction! One of the biggest blockbuster-musicals of all time, produced by Cameron Mackintosh, composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber with a story based on Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T. S. Eliot. CATS was this fall returning to the London Palladium (for a strictly limited season from 23 October 2015 to 2 January 2016). Beverley Knight was starring as Grizabella (Memory). Superb show!

Been there, done that
We were doing other things in London as well. Afternoon tea, Champagne in London Eye and a short visit to London Film Museum: ]Bond in Motion ! You can see the whole album below as well as other London-photos:

CATS-Palladium.jpg (130 KB | 215 )
CATS-Palladium.jpg

IP Logged

Reply #31 - 05/05/16 at 00:45:14  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Film: Steve Jobs (2015)

Based on Walter Isaacson's biography

Steve Jobs is a filmed theatre in three acts. Those are the launch of the Macintosh, Next Computer and iPod. The movie is filmed in three different formats to represent the three different times the scenes take place: 16mm, 35mm and digital! The movie is writen by Aaron Sorkin and directed by Danny Boyle.

The film got mixed reviews. Macworld UK wrote "that an injustice has been done" because Steve Jobs' successes aren't highlighted in the film to balance out the negativity. The movie is headded in the same direction as the 2013 Jobs movie staring Aston Kutcher. VG in Norway wrote that the film "Steve Jobs is probably the most pompous film ever made ​​about a seller." Steve Jobs (1955-2011) had strong opinions about design, and undoubtedly aesthetic sense, but the truth is that he didn't knew much about computer science. This may explain why the film is a filmed theater, or actually a filmed backstage theater - that probably would work better on stage!
Undecided

Sources
« Last Edit: 05/08/17 at 02:34:51 by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Reply #32 - 05/08/17 at 02:44:05  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Film: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)

Directors: Joachim Rønning, Espen Sandberg

In May 24, 2017 comes the fifth movie in the series of Pirates of the Caribbean. Johnny Depp, who says he will play the role as long as the audience likes it, plays Captain Jack Sparrow. The film will surely have huge earnings for Walt Disney Pictures, but the really interesting is that the directing has been taken care of by the Norwegians Rønning and Sandberg. Earlier they directed the Norwegian movies «Max Manus» and «Kon-Tiki», but never have they directed movies in this format with a $320 million budget. Another surprise is that Paul McCartney has a role in the film, which opens 26 May 2017 (24 May in Norway). Wink

Sources

IP Logged

Reply #33 - 08/30/17 at 22:41:27  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

The Metropolitan Opera live at Gimle cinema

In the fall 2017 and spring 2018, you can see The Metropolitan Opera live from New York at Gimle cinema (Norwegian: Gimle kino). Broadcasting via digital equipment and satellite, and clear sound in surround sound as well as HD-quality pictures. The events at Saturdays are lie while there are recorded events on Monday.

Place: Gimle kino (Oslo, Norway)
Performances:
  1. Norma (3 h 29 min)
    Saturday 7 October at 7:00 p.m. (LIVE)
    Monday 30. October at 6:30 p.m.
  2. Die Zauberflöte (3 h 29 min)
    Saturday 14 October at 7:00 p.m. (LIVE)
    Monday 6. November at 6:30 p.m.
  3. The Exterminating Angel (2 h 52 min)
    Saturday 18 November at 7:00 p.m. (LIVE)
    Monday 11. December at 6:30 p.m.
  4. Tosca (3 h 18 min)
    Saturday 27 January at 7:00 p.m. (LIVE)
    Monday 19. February at 6:30 p.m.
  5. L'Elisir d'Amore (3 h 18 min)
    Saturday 10 February at 7:00 p.m. (LIVE)
    Monday 5. March at 6:30 p.m.
  6. La Bohème (3 h 16 min)
    Saturday 24 February at 6:30 p.m. (LIVE)
    Monday 19. March at 6:30 p.m.
  7. Semiramide (3 h 50 min)
    Saturday 10 March at 7:00 p.m. (LIVE)
    Monday 2. April at 6:30 p.m.
  8. Così fan tutte (3 h 56 min)
    Saturday 31 March at 7:00 p.m. (LIVE)
    Monday 23. April at 6:30 p.m.
  9. Luisa Miller (3 h 58 min)
    Saturday 14 April at 6:30 p.m. (LIVE)
    Monday 7. May at 6:30 p.m.
  10. Cendrillon (3 h 12 min)
    Saturday 28. April at 7:00 p.m. (LIVE)
    Monday 21. May at 6:30 p.m.

Source: Gimle kino
« Last Edit: 09/22/17 at 21:15:55 by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Reply #34 - 09/22/17 at 21:24:55  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Bolshoi Ballet at Gimle cinema

In the fall 2017 and spring 2018, you can see the Bolshoi Ballet at Gimle cinema (Norwegian: Gimle kino). Broadcasting via digital equipment and satellite, and clear sound in surround sound as well as HD-quality pictures.

Place: Gimle kino (Oslo, Norway)
Performances:
  1. Le Corsaire (3 t 35 min)
    Sunday 22. October at 5:00 p.m.
  2. Romeo and Juliet (2 t 30 min)
    Sunday 21. January at 4:00 p.m.
  3. Flames of Paris (2 t 15 min)
    Sunday 4. March at 4:00 p.m.
  4. Coppélia (2 t 45 min)
    Sunday 10. June at 5:00 p.m.

Source: Gimle kino

IP Logged

Reply #35 - 09/25/17 at 22:52:57  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Cats the Musical on tour

23th September 2017 - Oslo Spektrum, Norway

Cats is a blockbuster musical based on Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T. S. Eliot, and is simply one of the longest running musicals on Broadway and London's West End. This original version from London Palladium is based on director Trevor Nunn, co-director and choreographer Gillian Lynne, scenographer John Napier and composer Andrew Lloyd Webber in the lead. Now the cats are on tour in Scandinavia and they started in Oslo Spektrum with six shows from 21 September to 24 September. The tour will continue in Gothenburg, Stockholm, Malmö, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Horsens and Cologne.

What can I say about the performance? I had the opportunity to see it on Saturday, and well, the musical, the dance and the music flow as always. This is the musical that never will be boring. On the contrary, it surprises you over and over again with drama and world-class music and dance.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print