Social media (Read 48588 times)
05/03/11 at 01:50:05  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Social media

Social media is digital media that with internet gives access to interaction between two ore more users. Many people say’s social media is a definition of a group of internet- and web-based applications that are built upon the ideology and technology of Web 2.0. This gives the opportunity of communication of user generated content between many users. 

Examples: Social media!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 05/03/11 at 01:58:19  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Why aren’t all Facebook sessions secured?

Undecided

If a URL-address use "http" instead of "https", you do NOT have a secure session and can therefore be hacked. The solution to avoid this is to go to User Account – Account settings - Account security – click Change. Mark the radio button Secure browsing (https), click Save.

Roll Eyes

Make your friends a favour and retweet this!
« Last Edit: 08/15/11 at 14:38:20 by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08/15/11 at 14:32:17  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Why aren’t all Twitter sessions secured?

Undecided

If you were making your friends a favour and retweeted the post above, you should also consider use secured Twitter sessions. If a URL-address use "http" instead of "https", you do NOT have a secure session and can therefore be hacked.

The solution to avoid hacking in Twitter is to go to your User Account and mark the radio button HTTPS Only or Always use HTTPS. This marks that you use a secure connection where possible to encrypt your account information. Please click the save button!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 02/09/12 at 22:30:43  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Floating div container over a YouTube iframe

In the "old days", the solution for floating div over flash videos, were simply to add:

Code (HTML):
<object […] <param name="wmode" value="opaque"> […] <embed wmode="opaque" […] 

This worked fine until YouTube start using iframe to embed videos. Some browsers do not support div containers floating over embedded media. Flash movies who are embedded in iframes has a default wmode, which make them float over anything else. I am using my Tower Bridge Live video as an example, where the social buttons had the tendence to disappear behind the embedded video. The original YouTube code:

Code (HTML):
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R1e5u3gysuw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 

The solution is to add &amp;wmode=transparent to the end of the src attribute in the iframe:

Code (HTML):
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R1e5u3gysuw&amp;wmode=transparent" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 

Sometimes ampersand (&amp;) doesn't work. Try to add question mark instead of ampersand to the end of the src attribute in the iframe:

Code (HTML):
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R1e5u3gysuw?wmode=transparent" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 

Below is the annoying phenomenon where div disappear behind the iframe illustrated. The solution can be seen here: Tower Bridge Live.
« Last Edit: 07/21/12 at 05:30:30 by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 02/15/12 at 02:25:02  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Android rules... (And other Smart phones as well)

Finally, Liavaag.org (www.liavaag.org) is out with a mobile friendly web design for smart phones. Switch the World Wide Web with Mobile ("www" with "m") and you get m.liavaag.org.

You get a touch friendly design (touch of class) and the files are relatively small, which means that your phone bills get smaller. This is useful if you are using roaming abroad. If you are using Wi-Fi, I will recommend the full version ("www" version).

The m.liavaag.org is only in Norwegian – so far!

m-liavaag.png (15 KB | 424 )
m-liavaag.png

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 02/27/12 at 21:32:59  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

About Google's New Privacy Policy

Google's new privacy policy takes effect on March 1st. Those 2 documents will replace 70 old documents. The two documents will cover all Google’s services from the professional analytical tools to Android, Gmail, Google Plus, Google search as well as YouTube. So, how to remove your Google search history the new privacy policy takes effect? The solution is very simple. Log in to your Google account and go to google.com/history. Here you can choose to disable the service of storing your search history. If you already are using the service, you can disable it by clicking remove all Web History and OK.

Please note that that disabling Web history in your Google account will not prevent Google from gathering and storing information. The difference is that it will be partially anonymized after 18 months. If you prefer to use the service of storing search history, the information will be stored indefinitely.
« Last Edit: 02/28/12 at 00:11:35 by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 03/02/12 at 03:41:51  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Tired of spam on your MediaWiki?

The solution for repeating spam might be to lock down and disallow editing by anonymous users. You can simply add following lines in the file LocalSettings.php:

Code (PHP):
#Force people to register before they are allowed to edit
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
$wgShowIPinHeader = false; 

You can combine the lock down method with the use of a Captcha extension. Whatsoever, there are many advanced spammers out there using automated registrations of users. If you want to disable the option of registration for casual visitors to register a new account, add (or change) the following line in the same file LocalSettings.php:

Code (PHP):
#Disallow creating accounts
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false; 

Conclusion
This spam protection means that new users as well as spammers cannot create new account without requesting one from you. It remains to see how long it takes before spammers finds new methods for adding spam.
« Last Edit: 03/04/12 at 19:56:58 by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 06/28/12 at 02:59:36  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Administrator wrote on 02/15/12 at 02:25:02:
Android rules... (And other Smart phones as well)

Finally, Liavaag.org (www.liavaag.org) is out with a mobile friendly web design for smart phones. Switch the World Wide Web with Mobile ("www" with "m") and you get m.liavaag.org.

[...]

How to optimising mobile-friendly websites?

The first thing I realised when I got my new Smartphone, the mighty Samsung Galaxy S3, was that the Mobile-friendly web sites at Liavaag.org were not so friendly anymore. Because of the HD resolution of 720p, the text got rather small. So what to do?

There was nothing wrong with the pages syntax, but rather the WebKit and mobile browsers in general that thought that they were desktop browsers. In the earlier days (half a year a go) by default mobile devices such as iPhone and Android zoomed out web pages automatically, so they could fit into 3 inch screens. At the present time the stunning Galaxy S3 has a mighty 4,7 inch screen and does not zoom in pages anymore. So if your web site is optimized for mobile devices then everything becomes very small. The best thing is to make a mobile-friendly website that can be readable from 320px to HD resolution above 720p.

The first thing we do is to disable the zoom-out behaviour with a META tag:

Code (HTML):
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" /> 

To prevent the user of a mobile-device from zooming-in, you can add initial-scale and maximum-scale property and limit both of them to 1:

Code (HTML):
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1" /> 

Hopefully this will lead to better user experience.  Huh
« Last Edit: 06/28/12 at 23:35:48 by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 06/29/12 at 23:25:40  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Less is more...

Are you tired of all the status updates from friends you do not know on Facebook? Now there is a control system for this, where they ask if you want to see less from these friends in News Feed. They make aware that you haven't interacted lately with these friends, and ask if you like to add them to your Acquaintances list? You'll see them less in News Feed.

Check out the organizing of Facebook friends (external link). Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 07/06/12 at 22:23:29  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

WordPress from your Smartphone

Sometimes it is necessarily to manage one or multiple WordPress accounts from your Smartphone. This is possible, even if you have it on your own server. All you need is the URL of the website, the user name and password, and download the WordPress app of course.

However, you must pre check the XML-RPC remote publishing option. That activates the WordPress, Movable Type, MetaWeblog and Blogger XML-RPC publishing protocol. This option you finds on http://www. [your domain] / wp-admin/options-writing.php.
Wink

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 01/28/13 at 21:43:16  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

WordPress hacked - change password through MySQL Database Wizard

Many have found that hackers have "taken over" their account on WordPress. The solution to this is to log in via cPanel and change the user's password through MySQL Database Wizard. The password here is hidden via MD5 (Message-Digest algorithm 5). MD5 is a 128-bit cryptographic hash function, which provide 32-character hash value. Delete the user’s password and generate a new password (uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and characters). Add the new password into this encryption generator and past the hash value in the MySQL Database Wizard.

You are now ready to log on WordPress and start repairs. Look for changes, new widgets, scripts, and the character set is changed from UTF-8 (for example, UTF-7). This is shown by the fact that letters are not displayed correctly. Another tip is to look for new files via a SFTP and FTP client.

Here you can find online MD4, MD5 and SHA-1 generator.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 06/08/13 at 00:52:47  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Twitter Card

Twitter Cards API allows your tweets to be more informational when tweeted. There are three types of Twitter Cards: Summary, photo, and video. Below is the generic META tags, the basic tags used in Twitter Cards:

twitter:card – Type of card to be created: Summary, photo, or video.
twitter:url – The URL used for the card, that likely will be the same URL as the page's canonical link.
twitter:title – The title for the Twitter Card.
twitter:description –  A 200 character summary of the content.
twitter:image – A representative image or simply your logo's URL for the content.
twitter:site – Twitter username used by the given site including the '@'.
twitter:creator – Twitter username of the individual author of the content

Code (HTML):
<meta name="twitter:card" content="summary" />
<meta name="twitter:url" content="http://www.liavaag.org/hello-world.html" />
<meta name="twitter:title" content="Hello World!" />
<meta name="twitter:description" content="Here's a test site for the new Twitter Cards API." />
<meta name="twitter:image" content=" http://www.liavaag.org/logo.png" />

<!-- This is an opportunity for authors to get credit within the Twitter Card -->
<meta name="twitter:site" content="@mortenrene" />
<meta name="twitter:creator" content="@mortenrene" />

Sources

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 06/08/13 at 01:05:07  

Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Welcome to My Bulletin
Board
Oslo

Administrator wrote on 06/08/13 at 00:52:47:
Twitter Card

Twitter Cards API allows your tweets to be more informational when tweeted. There are three types of Twitter Cards: Summary, photo, and video.

You can add these META tags for the photo and video card-types:

Code (HTML):
<!-- META tags for images -->
<meta name="twitter:image:width" content="853" />
<meta name="twitter:image:height" content="505" />

<!-- META tags for videos -->
<meta name="twitter:player" content="http://www.liavaag.org/video/" />
<meta name="twitter:player:width" content="853" />
<meta name="twitter:player:height" content="505" />
<meta name="twitter:player:stream" content="http://www.liavaag.org/my-way.mp4" />
<meta name="twitter:player:stream:content_type" content="video/mp4; codecs="avc1.42E01E1, mpa.40.2"" />

Finally, validate your Twitter Cards with this Cards Validator!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print